Wednesday, November 4, 2009

new, new, new!





hey, all! Thanks for checking out what is going on with Cynthia Rohrer's latest project, paper & gold. Besides getting my new etsy site together, I have been fast at work preparing for a crafty handmade fair at the Lesher Art Center in Walnut Creek (just across the bay and through a tunnel from SF.) On the esty note, if any of you San Franciscans wants to buy something off the site and save on shipping, let me know and I'll post a special listing of the item(s) you'd like to buy, without shipping charges.

If any of you are in the area next week-end, come on by and check out the wares. Admission is free, and enables you to see a great exhibition of posters from the SF Arts Commission. I am offering 15% off of any item of jewelry to any and all friends and family who mention the offer at the fair.


I will be participating in some other fairs next month in Asheville, Chicago, and SF, and I'll keep you updated as they approach. I am lucky enough to be sharing a space with the radical belt buckles of Asheville's own, Buncombe Buckles.

The idea behind paper & gold is that I can make exciting, wearable jewelry with a small environmental footprint. I have been gathering discarded artist-grade paper, and board, and I am combining it with 100% recycled fine metals, refined right here in the U.S. of A. Here are some little wooden painted earrings, prior to shaping and paint. Poor little naked fellows! The colorful and lightweight paper items will be posted on etsy (which is a great big site of handmade items for sale, including mine!) asap. I am in the process of getting them just right....many of them are dipped in beeswax just like an encaustic painting! More soon.

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited for you and to see this work. It is wonderful that you are creating and not adding to the stuff-pile but using it as a resource. I love your work.
    Francisco.

    ReplyDelete